Lenten Daily Meditation
Monday, March 21, 2011
 
Tuesday, Second Week of Lent
March 22, 2011

To see the readings, click here: http://www.usccb.org/nab/032211.shtml

Here's the part of the readings that jumped out at me:  "Come now, let us set things right, says the LORD: Though your sins be like scarlet, they may become white as snow; Though they be crimson red, they may become white as wool. If you are willing, and obey, you shall eat the good things of the land."

It is amazing how consistent God is in his message:  no matter how bad we are, all God ever asks is that we "set things right" -- that we repent.   I mean, that quote above is aimed at the people of Sodom and Gommorah!  Surely if they can become "white as snow," that is good news for the rest of us!

I have to laugh, sort of, when I think how often in previous years I have whined about how Lent is so depressing, when this year I am finding if so full of inspiration and uplift.  Since the daily leessons don't really change year to year except for the odd feast day, I'm guessing the change must be inside me.  The past few years were really, really tough ones for me, but apparently, the gift I got from them is the gift of being able to know when I'm being encouraged.  Or perhaps it is the gift of appreciating the gifts God gives. All I know is that now, I see encouragement in most of the readings and blessings at every turn in my life.

Father, I thank you so much for bringing me safely through those long hard years.  Thank you for satisfying employment, for good health, for stability in my parish and my family.  Thank you for the wonderful people with whom you have populated my life.  Help me to always focus on your word and your will for my life.  Help me to repent quickly when I get off course.  Help me to find the path you would have me follow this Lent and lead me and all those who walk this journey with me to a full appreciation of the Easter miracle.  Amen.
 
0 comments



<< Home
One lay woman's daily meditations for Lent.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbus, OH

Susan Emerson worked for 25+ years in marketing before becoming a Development Director for the Boy Scouts and a freelance writer. She lives in Columbus, Ohio with her husband, Bob Beasley. They have a 24-year old son, Sam, and a 25-year old near-son, Warren.

ARCHIVES
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008 / 03/01/2011 - 04/01/2011 / 04/01/2011 - 05/01/2011 /


Powered by Blogger